HEEDS Young EDC Scientists Showcase (YESS)
The YESS webinar series is sponsored by the Healthy Environment and Endocrine Disruptor Strategies (HEEDS) Mentoring Working Group and coordinated by the Collaborative on Health and the Environment (CHE). This series will feature speakers in the early stages of their careers, such as PhD students, post-docs, and other early-career researchers who study endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs). They will present their research projects and findings on webinars with 2-3 speakers and time for questions. Presentations will be recorded and available online.
If you are interested in presenting on one of these webinars, or have a recommendation for a speaker, please contact Contact. Also, please join us and sign up for CHE and HEEDS newsletters for more details and to receive updates.
Topic one: Phthalates and Aging
Series Launch: Exposure to Phthalates and Aging
May 14, 2020 at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 6pm CET
- Katherine Hatcher, PhD candidate in Dr. Megan Mahoney's lab at the College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois
- Emily Brehm, PhD candidate in Dr. Jodi Flaws's lab at the College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois
Topic two: EDCs and Metabolic Disruption
Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals and Metabolic Disruption
July 1, 2020 at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 6pm CET
- Raquel Chamorro-Garcia, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Chris Kassotis, PhD, incoming Assistant Professor (9/2020), Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University in Detroit.
Topic three: Racial/Ethnic Differences in EDC Exposures
Racial/Ethnic Differences in EDC Exposures
November 12, 2020 at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 6pm CET
- Brandi Patrice Smith, doctoral student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the Informatics program
- Marissa Chan, studying toward a Master of Science in Environmental Health at Harvard University's T.H. Chan School of Public Health in the James-Todd lab