HEEDS Young EDC Scientists Showcase (YESS)
The YESS webinar series features speakers in the early stages of their careers, such as PhD students, post-docs, and other early-career researchers who study endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs).
This ongoing series is coordinated by the Healthy Environment and Endocrine Disruptor Strategies (HEEDS) Mentoring Working Group and the Collaborative for Health and Environment (CHE). Presentations are recorded and available at the links provided below, with the most recent webinars listed first.
If you're interested in presenting on one of these webinars or have a recommendation for a speaker, please contact HEEDS. We also invite you to sign up for the CHE and HEEDS newsletters for more details and to receive regular updates.
December 8, 2022
- Sourav Chakraborty, M.S., Ph.D. candidate in the Bhandari laboratory at the University of North Carolina Greensboro.
February 17, 2022
- Lariah Edwards, PhD, postdoctoral scientist working jointly at the George Washington (GW) School of Public Health and the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
December 1, 2021
- Imari Walker, PhD Candidate, BS, Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University
- Hanna Dusza, PhD, MSc, environmental toxicologist and researcher, Department of Population Health Sciences, Utrecht University, Netherlands
November 9, 2021
- Marissa Sobolewski, PhD, Assistant Professor in the Department of Environmental Medicine and the Environmental Health Science Center, University of Rochester Medical Center.
- Katherine (Katie) O’Shaughnessy, PhD, Investigator, Center for Public Health and Environmental Assessment, US Environmental Protection Agency
March 3, 2021
- Alyssa Merrill, MS, Toxicology Ph.D. candidate in the laboratories of Deborah Cory-Slechta, Ph.D. and Marissa Sobolewski, Ph.D. in the Department of Environmental Medicine at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in Rochester, New York.
- Jessica Hartman, PhD, Assistant Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston.
November 12, 2020
- Brandi Patrice Smith, doctoral student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the Informatics program
- Marissa Chan, studying toward a Master of Science in Environmental Health at Harvard University's T.H. Chan School of Public Health in the James-Todd lab
July 1, 2020
- Raquel Chamorro-Garcia, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Chris Kassotis, PhD, incoming Assistant Professor (9/2020), Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University in Detroit.
May 14, 2020