Position: Program Manager, Collaborative on Health and the Environment
Location: Remote within the US, co-working space available in San Francisco
Status: Part-time (15-20 hours)
The Program Manager is responsible for leading the planning and delivery of weekly webinars featuring pioneering research in the environmental health sciences.
The Collaborative on Health and the Environment (CHE), a program of Commonweal, serves as a non-partisan source of information on emerging environmental health research and creates multiple educational forums in order to strengthen our collective capacity to translate the latest environmental health research into health-promoting programs, policies, and practices. CHE’s webinars and conference calls, offered since 2002, are a cornerstone of our mission to share and discuss the latest science on a range of environmental factors that can contribute to disease and disability. Our audience consists of academics, scientists, government regulators, policymakers, health advocates, and concerned citizens. By informing and connecting affected and interested groups, CHE hopes to build a groundswell of demand for prevention-focused behaviors and policies, as well as economic and legal structures that protect public health.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with CHE director and network to develop, research, and plan webinar series and topics for CHE webinars.
- Explore and evaluate options for webinar topics and speakers by researching issues, scanning scientific literature, and evaluating individual studies and research profiles.
- Work with partner organizations to develop and coordinate webinars developed in collaboration, including coordinating the CHE EDC Strategies Partnership.
- Serve as coordinator and live host for all webinars and manage all webinar-related tasks.
- Communicate with presenters and moderators on scheduling, logistics, and webinar content.
- Create webinar webpages and facilitate development of webinar descriptions, manage webinars section of website.
- Advertise webinars: develop webinar announcement newsletters, coordinate social media posts and listserv announcements.
- Post presentation slides, open and close webinars, manage webinar technology and all technical issues, troubleshoot during webinars as needed.
- Edit and post webinar recordings, manage communications with registrants/attendees.
- Track webinar participation, provide engagement and registration data as requested to partnerships.
- Provide additional support as needed to CHE director and partner organizations.
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments in environmental health science and policy and disseminate news via CHE’s social media platforms.
- Depending on interest, help write and develop content for CHE’s environmental health consumer education campaign Because Health. This consists of short consumer friendly articles about various environmental health issues and news.
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Close familiarity with environmental health science, experience in environmental health field strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically with people from various backgrounds (academics, scientists, policy makers, government regulators, advocates).
- Strong and versatile writing skills, with a preference for experience with scientific writing.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Adept at learning new technology and managing technical issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Content Management Systems (like Wordpress).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to Contact.