20 Years of Amplifying Science for Health
CHE celebrated its 20th year in 2022, marking the milestone in various ways throughout the year. Below are some highlights of our 20th anniversary activities.
Thank you so much for being part of the CHE community.
Gathering to Celebrate
We celebrated CHE's 20 years with a half-day event at Commonweal on Saturday, November 12. The afternoon featured reflections, storytelling and strategizing with environmental health leaders. Video recordings are now available of each "fireside chat" discussion, click through below to listen in.
- Panel 1: Reflections from CHE's Founders (Michael Lerner, Steve Heilig, Dr. Ted Schettler)
- Panel 2: A Case Study of Reproductive Health (Alison Carlson, Dr. Tracey Woodruff, Dr. Shanna Swan)
- Panel 3: Challenges and Opportunities Ahead (Dr. Pete Myers, Dr. Tyrone Hayes)
- Appreciating Partnerships (Sharyle Patton, Kristin Schafer)
- Moving into CHE's Next 20 Years (Kristin Schafer)
Much appreciation to all the panelists — and to everyone who joined us to help celebrate this milestone, in person and online. For those who were able to be there in person, we enjoyed a sneak preview of Pete Myers' photo exhibit Bird life on the beach.
Listening to CHE Cafés
We hosted a series of informal, online conversations with leading thinkers, researchers and innovators in the field of environmental health and justice. Click below to view the recordings or register for upcoming events.
- CHE Café: What’s Next in Environmental Health? (February 10)
- CHE Café: Cancer & the Environment (October 19, recording)
- CHE Café: Environmental Health & Justice in the Arctic (September 20, recording)
- CHE Café: Exploring the Past, Present & Future of Environmental Health (September 8, recording)
Hearing from leaders in the field
We shared thought pieces from leaders in the environmental health field on the CHE blog, starting with a message from one of CHE's co-founders and our new director. Check our blog page for ongoing updates!
- Because Health by Dr. Karen Wang
- Impacting US chemical policy & environmental health by Dr. Tracey Woodruff & Swati Rasayam
- A Perspective from Alaska by Dr. Pamela K. Miller
- Climate Health Activism: Twenty Years Out and Counting by Dr. Robert Gould
- Two Decades of Progress in Environmental Health & Science Communication by Dr. Pete Myers
- Generation X-Y-Z: Bridging the Gap Between Then and Now by Dr. Julia Varshavsky
- Cancer and Chemicals by Dr. Margaret Kripke
- CHE at 20: Amplifying Science, Partnering for Health by Kristin Schafer
- Healthier Humans on a Healthier Planet by Steve Heilig
Keeping CHE going strong!
Support from the CHE community keeps our work moving forward. Please consider an online donation of $30 or more; we invite you to consider a monthly gift, which provides steady support throughout the year. Thank you!